As official swim brand partner, we are proud, once again, to support the Swimathon in 2014 – the world’s biggest fundraising swim - by supplying swimming caps for every participant and promoting the event at over 600 pools throughout the UK as part of The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Games in 2014.
In addition, this year, we will be producing limited edition Sport Relief swimming goggles in red and white. As the Swimathon is for swimmers of all ages and abilities, the goggles will be available in adult, junior and kids sizes and appropriately named ‘Hero Adult’ , ‘Hero Junior’ and ‘Little Hero’ so that everyone taking part can be a real hero by showing their true colours and support for the charity.
Zoggs will be donating £1 to Sport Relief from the sale of every pair of the limited edition Sport Relief goggles. The goggles will be available from participating leisure centres, sports retailers nationwide and Zoggs.com and presented in eye catching packaging and housed in a matching counter top display unit.
The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Swimathon event will see thousands of swimmers have fun challenging themselves through 5k, 2.5k and 1.5k individual challenges or Team 5k/1.5k challenges. In addition, there is also the option for participants to take part in SimplySwim, allowing them to swim in their own time and at any venue whilst raising funds for Sport Relief.
"It's a perfect fit for Zoggs as we are passionate about swimming, so being able to get involved in an event like this, which not only raises significant funds for Sport Relief but also encourages everyone – no matter what age, level of fitness or swimming ability – to get in the pool and have some fun, is one the whole swimming community in the UK can get behind,” said David Annand, UK Marketing and PR Manager at Zoggs.
The Zoggs Sport Relief swimming goggles will be available from January 2014 at the following RRP- Hero Adult £15, Hero Junior £10 and Little Hero £7.50.
To buy a pair of Zoggs Hero Adult, Hero Junior or Little Hero from Zoggs.com please click here.
For more information on the Swimathon 2014, please visit: www.swimathon.org
For more information on Sport Relief 2014, please visit: www.sportrelief.com
ABOUT SPORT RELIEF
- As one of the UK’s biggest fundraising events, Sport Relief brings the entire nation to-gether to get active, raise cash and change lives.
- Since 2002, Sport Relief has raised over £195 million. The money raised by the public is spent by Comic Relief to help people living incredibly tough lives, both at home in the UK and across the world.
- Comic Relief is a UK charity, which aims to create a just world, free from poverty. The money raised by Comic Relief, through its fundraising campaigns Red Nose Day and Sport Relief as well as other initiatives, is spent at home in the UK and across the world to help people, families and whole communities stand on their own two feet.
- Comic Relief is a registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland)
ABOUT THE SWIMATHON
- The Swimathon is the world's biggest fundraising swim, and will take place from 21st to 23rd March 2014
- The Swimathon started in 1986 and since then more than half a million swimmers have taken part, raising over £40 million for charity. Pools and operators continue to encour-age visitors to enter the Swimathon, with more than 37% of participants in 2013 hearing about the event through their swimming pool. Their continued support is extremely im-portant to the success of the event
- The Swimathon Foundation, a company limited by guarantee, is the independent regis-tered charity which owns the annual national Swimathon event
- The Swimathon Foundation, through its trading subsidiary, arranges the staging and pro-motion of the Swimathon event in a nationwide network of participating swimming pools, to encourage members of the public, whatever their age or ability, to understand and realise the benefits of regular swimming as a means to improve health and wellbeing and to achieve personal fitness goals. In addition, The Swimathon Foundation aims to support lo-cal communities in their efforts to promote the benefits of swimming
- The Swimathon Foundation selects a National Charity Partner to promote itself and its charitable activities in association with the Swimathon and to receive funds from members of the public, including those participating in the Swimathon, in support of its activities. The Swimathon has raised funds for a variety of nominated charities including Macmillan Cancer Support, NSPCC, The British Heart Foundation, The Prince’s Trust, Marie Curie Can-cer Care. For Swimathon 2014 the selected charity is Comic Relief, raising funds through the Sport Relief campaign
- The Swimathon Foundation is a charity registered at the Charities Commission Charity Number:1123870 - www.swimathonfoundation.org
For further information please contact Zoggs PR team on T: 01276 489089 / E: email@example.com