At Zoggs, we're passionate about the ocean (we don't just mean swimming in it!) and what changes
we can make to protect our world for the future. We firmly believe our planet cannot wait
and we need to take action now.
Beyond the Pool
“We’re committed to doing everything we can to help the environment. By 2020, our mission is to have 100% sustainable packaging and 60% of our swimwear made from recycled materials.”
Mark Hammersley, CEO Zoggs International.
Pollution caused by plastic, microbeads and fishing nets is harming whales, sea turtles, dolphins and other marine life. Plastic marine debris is now found in every ocean on the planet.
New Goggle Packaging
1. All new goggle products (produced from January 2019) will be sold in the NEW Trap Blister
or Cardboard Window Box style packaging, which will reduce the plastic used by 57%.
2. 80% of our packaging will include disposal or recovery labels to encourage customers to act
responsibly post purchase.
3. Goggle casing can be cut out and used as a sealable goggle case.
4. Smaller goggle packaging styles also means lower transport emissions when being shipped.
What Have We Done So Far?
Oxy Biodegradable Plastic Bags
- Plastic bags are by far the largest proportion of single-use plastics.
- We're introducing new oxy biodegradable plastic bags to protect our swimwear when it is shipped. These new eco-bags safely degrade in the presence of oxygen, helping to reduce landfill volume.
New Eco Hangers
- We're transitioning to eco-friendly hangers (fully in place for the second half of 2019) which are made from recycled post-consumer waste like flower pots, toys and seeding containers.
Recyclable Marketing Materials
- All our marketing materials are made from sustainable fabrics.
- We have also reduced the paper used in our catalogues.
Ecolast™: Swimwear Made From Ocean Waste
- Our Ecolast™ fabric is eco-friendly and made from abandoned fishing nets, carpets and industrial waste which are rescued from the oceans and landfill. This waste may otherwise harm whales, sea turtles, dolphins and other marine life.
Here's How Ecolast™ Swimwear is Made...
1. Abandoned ghost nets and other nylon waste are recovered from the ocean and landfills.
2. The waste is cleaned of foreign materials and prepared for regeneration.
3. At the ECONYL® depolymerisation plant, the waste is regenerated into high quality ECONYL® Regenerated Nylon.
4. Finally, the ECONYL® yarn is used to produce Zoggs Ecolast™ swimwear.
We also know the best swimwear has to work as well at the beach as it does in the pool so you'll find Ecolast™ does exactly that with great designs and as little or as much support as you need. Not only that, Ecolast™ retains its colour and shape brilliantly so your confidence will be sky high whether you're heading from pool to paddleboard or spa to sun lounger. It really is making waves.