Overall it was found that levels of wellbeing increased on average 20%.
While figures are useful, sometimes there is no better way to find out what makes you #SwimHappy than jumping in! Need some inspiration on how to discover your excuse for a swim? Check out Zoggs top tips:
- Swim with friends - Solo lane swims not for you? Why not join a swimming club or collect together your friends and set some fun challenges, race each other or just have a gossip at the end of the lane when you want a break.
- Set yourself a training routine – If you need some motivation to keep swimming set yourself a target and a training routine to achieve it. Whether they are training sets of 10 or 20, they are a great way of staying motivated as well as keeping count of those lengths you’ve done.
- Try out something different – Pool based activities have been increasing in popularity recently with the development of Aqua Aerobics or Aqua Zumba. These are great ways to still get exercise in a low impact environment. If you are looking for something a little more challenging there is always sports such as Synchronised Swimming or Water Polo.
- Games! – This can be great when you are swimming with the family. Games could be creating Fun Relays using multiple strokes or using Zoodles. You could also dive for treasure with Dive Sticks or Clam Hunt. Games don’t necessarily only work for the family, they can also help motivate solo swims. Visit the Zoggs Blog, Fun and Games if you need more inspiration on games for your swim session.
- Tune Out! – Had a stressful week and just need some time to clear your head or solve some problems, Swimming is great at giving you that chance to escape the hectic, busy world and jump into the peace and quiet of the water.
Most of all HAVE FUN! Whichever way you choose to #SwimHappy make sure you enjoy it. Don’t make swimming a chore, but something you look forward to every week.
How can you get involved?
Post and comment on your swim selfies, images and videos across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and tag in @ZoggsUK and #SwimHappy to enter our #SwimHappy Hall of Fame . There will be FIVE LUCKY WINNERS each month, including a £50 Zoggs prize bundle! (T&Cs apply) So… what are you waiting for… tell us what makes you #SwimHappy!
T&Cs - #Swimhappy competition runs from 01/04/17-30/06/17, 5 prizes per month consisting of a Zoggs bundle to the value of £50, the prizes are only available to UK and ROI entrants only. By sharing your selfie you give consent to your image being used for advertising and promotional purposes.