As 2015 fast approaches, its time to start filling out your diary for the busy year ahead. There are plenty of fun and rewarding events on offer across the UK and the team here at Zoggs have picked out some of our favourites to pencil in for 2015….
Events for young swimmers
• Oceans of Fun Days – From 1st February 2015 and On-going Young swimmers aged 7-14 can join in the Zoggs tour, which brings a variety of aquatic activities to pools nationwide - think fast swimming, mini water polo, synchronised swimming and even rookie lifeguard. Out of the pool, kids can also learn about first aid and life-saving skills such as CPR. There are 300 free places at each event, the next of which will take place on the 1st February 2015.
• Splashathon – July 2015 Taking place across the country in aid of children’s charity Tommy’s, Splashathon events see babies, young kids and grown-ups sign up for a host of fun pool-based activities. The event is a great way to build your little ones confidence in the water and raise money for the charity, helping more babies have a happy and healthy start in life.
Charity Swim Events
• Swimathon - 17-19 April 2015 The annual swimming challenge returns in April 2015, encouraging swimmers nationwide to get down to their local pool and complete a range of challenge distances to raise money for the Marie Curie Cancer Care charity.Over 24,500 swimmers took part in this year's challenge, raising millions of pounds. On a personal level, the Swimathon challenge is the perfect resolution for the New Year, with plenty of time to train for the April event. To find out more about how you can take part, visitwww.swimathon.org.
• Aspire Chanel Swim – Sept to Dec 2015 Are you looking for a new challenge in 2015? How about swimming the distance of the English Channel and raising money for the Aspire charity at the same time? The Aspire Channel Swim event helps to raise money for those paralysed by Spinal Cord Injury and sees thousands of people around the country taking on the 22 mile challenge in their local pool. Whether you’re completing the challenge on your own, with friends or as part of a team – the website includes a useful leader board to track your progress and also a host of prizes up for grabs for top fundraisers AND it’s free to enter!
• Bournemouth Pier to Pier Swim - 12 July 2015 If you enjoy open water swimming, why not challenge yourself and raise money for a worthy cause. Join the 1.4 mile Bournemouth Pier to Pier Swim on Sunday 12 July 2015, and follow the shoreline from Bournemouth Pier to Boscombe Pier, where a medal, a hot drink and a huge amount of personal pride will be waiting for you. The event raises money for the British Heart Foundation, and you can sign up now on the British Heart Foundation website (where a useful training guide is also available).
Exhibitions • 220 Triathlon Show - 27th Feb - 1st March 2015 Visit Sandown Park for a jam packed weekend of triathlon fun! The 220 Triathlon showis the UK’s largest, devoted triathlon show with specialist swim, bike, and run zones for beginners and experienced athletes to improve their triathlon knowledge and skill. The Zoggs team are once again proud sponsors of the Swim Zone, one of the highlights of the show, where as well as seeing the latest swim product available, you can have your swim stroke analysed by the country’s top coaches.
• Swim Expo -20th – 22nd March 2015 Whether you’re a beginner or a pro – there’s something for everyone who has a keen passion for swimming at this year’s Swim Expo taking place at Event City in Manchester. Expect the best coaches from the world of swimming to be at the three day event includingTotal Immersion and Zoggs open water / triathlon ambassador Adam Walker – the 1st Briton to swim the toughest 7 oceans in the world.
Zoggs are proud sponsors of the Swim Zone where you will find a host of new products plus swim demonstrations taking place throughout the weekend – so come and say hello! A ticket to the Swim Expo also allows access to the 3 other fitness events taking place at Event City over that weekend – Bike Expo, Tri Expo & Run Expo. For more details and to register for tickets visit www.swimexpo.co.uk
Have a fun filled 2015!